1. Roll back the black rubber caps until you can easily pull them off of the wand.
2. Remove the lights and washer from inside the caps.
3. Open the clear plastic casings from each light from the back and remove the microlights.
4. Slide the dead batteries out from the bottom of the chips.
5. Insert 2 1620 Batteries under each battery arm with the logo side visible.
6. Snap the casings back in place around the chips.
7. Place the washer flat against the bottom of the light, on the non-button side.
8. Insert the light and washer back into the bottom of the rubber cap.
9. Place the rubber cap back on the glow stick and unroll it until it fits tight and secure.